My Encouragement!!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Stranger yes! but was He ?

He was a complete stranger. Everyday I walked into the library and our eyes met, he smiled and I had to smile back. It was our routine for a month. We had our places fixed. My seat very close to the wall and his was a row behind me.
        We never spoke but once when he had a doubt regarding his subject. We were in the same profession just different branches. Both preparing for our respective exams. I won't say he was a charming young fellow. He was an ordinary student, ordinary looks, ordinary clothes but i can't explain why seeing him sitting there everyday made me happy as if i was around someone i knew.
       I never got to the point of asking his name. It wasn't necessary. Just a day before he came with a box of sweets saying he cleared his exams. I wished him congrats,shook hands and he left. He seemed a nice guy cause i knew he had no reason to come and tell me he passed. I was neither his friend nor i knew him the slightest. May be it was just to say goodbye, goodbye to the familiarity we felt in unknown surroundings, to say he won't be there to smile at me every morning. It was nice of him to let me know i won't find him there henceforth.
       Now when i enter the library it doesn't feel the same. Often i look at his empty seat. I miss him. I miss the familiar stranger.  

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am soo sorry !! i just made s0me grammar mistake n thought of deletin n rewrtin the comment, which i later on forgot (ghajini i am !lol) it's a real good post and i dunno but somehow i feel connected to it :) Loveed it :D

      http://shonazee.blogspot.in/

      Delete
    2. aawww Ghajini you replied back. you remembered!! hehe. thank you dear :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely :)

    It's amazing how strangers somehow become an important part of our lives...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes they seem to be more familiar than the people we actually know!

      Delete
  3. life's secrets can not be revealed... this happens to all.. happened to me :)
    good one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate to the feeling. Some sort of a bond between two complete strangers. How sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our inquisitive minds starts wondering about the unknown familiar face and before one knows he/she starts feeling comfortable with the other person. A kind of trust develops...

    ReplyDelete