My Encouragement!!

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Choosing Not To Live



So here I stand divided
watching them fight over me.
And I stand dumb
as their words tear apart my soul
and I think will not death be sweeter than
this hanging sword.

So I stand here listening to their curses
how in every way I am wrong
how in every way I have betrayed.
I see them cry a million tears
and I think what if I close my eyes say forever
and this pain will somehow go away.

So here I stand exhausted, confused, broken
tired of proving myself every step till date.

All I want is a bit of rest.
All I ask is a road bit less of thorns.
All I ask is to let me find some peace.
All I ask is to let me live.
or let me die with a smile at least.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to know Doctors are creative too. Simply well written.

    I'm assuming this poem is about someone who's being judged by many people for something 'wrong' that she supposedly did. I think it'll be nice to explain your poems in a postscript, so that all your readers can appreciate your work.

    Do drop by mine. I write short stories, twisted stories, humor, poems, sociopolitical stuff and more.

    Cheers
    CRD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice poem.Each line is good. Very touchy.

    ReplyDelete